Wednesday, January 6, 2016

RoadMaps & RoadTrips?!

Is the "this&that" title theme too cheesy? You'll have to forgive me, I can only be so creative when I'm starving to death! More on that later tho! 

Cycle Updates!! 

Not much going on really, Jan 1st was officially day 1, continue BCP & Heparin 2x daily. Add Dexamethesone & Lupron. That first day scared me, I had a pretty spectacular headache with intense nausea. & Ofcourse both new meds list headache & nausea as possible side effects. Lucky me to experience them right?! We had plans to actually go out to eat and to see a movie, not had a "date night" in ages! We barely made it to Paragould (45mins away, larger town with movies & food). We had to turn around and go back home. Watched "Martian" on the couch with "the bowl" instead. Anyone else have a designated bowl for when they're sickly?? No? Just me? But so far, it appears to have been a fluke. Just a migraine day, they happen.  I've not had any other side effects so far! 

However, can we talk about stretch marks? Bcus my tummy looks like a damn road map! & it makes injections a bit frustrating! Do NOT... I repeat... Do NOT inject into a stretch mark! Yes, I did this accidentally the other morning. Look, I'm running out of spots, don't judge me. I looked, but I apparently failed to see a tiny one. It hurts after & gets very red & very angry! 

Speaking of angry, this fat girl gets mad when she is hungry. Ever heard of "Hangry"? Well it's legit. Today is my polyp removal surgery in STL at 2:15, check in at 1:15. Anesthesiologist contacted me yesterday with my instructions, which Ofcourse includes nothing to eat after midnight and clear liquids only until 10am.... Then NPO (nothing by mouth)!! That's cool bro, but I work overnights!! I go in at midnight & get off work at 8am! So basically I can't have breakfast or lunch?? So all night without eating, then drive all the way there, then still no food until AFTER the surgery?! 

Pray for my husband who is taking this "road trip" with me.  He is a brave, brave man. 

I'm not gunna make it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment