Monday, December 2, 2013

Tick Tock

Eeeeeeeeps!! Today is the day finalists for the "I Believe" contest will be announced! We are on pins and needles and are super anxious to know!! I'm not super confident, we got sooo many votes and a lot of support, but who knows how many any one else had plus the judging factor. I will just be glad to know if we make it to the next panel of judges or not. Who ever wins will be 100% deserving and we may be disappointed, but we will be happy for whoever gets this amazing opportunity to have their prayers of a baby answered. You can't be mad at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Kq1vURcL8  -- this fits my feelings today so well! LOL


Side note, If we do not win this amazing opportunity, I think I have decided that we will pursue the fundraising thing. If people can do it for their band's big trip, for their boob job, and to pay for their sex change surgery... I can do it to complete my family. We invited a combination of 2,100 people on Facebook last night to an event to rally votes for the final day... me and my husband did some math and If every one of those people gave just $5.00... less than the typical meal out to eat fast food... we could have the $10,000ish for IVF. Plus it is a great way for us to put our own money away in a dedicated fund. We ourselves can "donate" a specified amount each week. We know that not everyone will be interested in donating to us, and that's okay. that is the bonus of donations, it is an option. And we're hopeful that some people will choose to donate. Any amount raised would be a blessing and help us get one step closer to the treatments we need to have a baby.

If we do not win, we have an appointment scheduled with my original RE for January 8th and we will repeat some labs and maybe start oral meds in the meantime just to see how it goes. We will do our 3rd and probably final IUI as soon as we can afford it (roughly $2000.00) If we are not successful, we will likely have no choice but to move forward with IVF.


No comments:

Post a Comment