Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fessing Up...

Well, I need to take a moment to come clean. . . . . I've quit the 30 Day Shred!

After Tuesdays exercise, my knee was REALLY giving me issues. Both felt puffy and jelly like. I chalked it up to sore muscles and kept on going. I made it to day 5 on Thursday. All day my right knee (the one I have a past injury with) was popping and cracking all day. I did that nights shred anyways. But Friday was worse. So I decided to take a "recovery day". It bothered me all weekend and despite 100% intention of re-starting Sunday night, my knees just can't do it. Too much jumping with the 1min intervals or jumping jacks and jumping rope. Plus the 1 minute intervals of push ups, that I have to do on my knees since my injured ankle cant support my weight.

I think that if I had breaks between days instead of 30 days straight in a row, maybe I could do it? I haven't 100% given up just yet. I think I plan to modify. Maybe M,W, & F doing the shred and going to Zumba classes on T&TH? Then the weekend to rest? I love the local Zumba class at the community center. I attended for a few months last year and enjoyed it sooo much! I'm excited to have a good friend to go with again.

Last week I was pretty down, still am. No real progress on the scale, despite all the exercise and eating good. I blew it big time Friday with poor eating (mainly because I was mad about no progress) and I didn't do much better over the weekend.
I skipped yesterdays workout as well due to a terrible migraine. But tonight, I am Zumba bound!!



No comments:

Post a Comment