Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Im really NOT a blogger...

Lets get that out of the way from the start.
Im not sure that anyone is going to be interested in the things that I have to share. Im not sure my life is all that interesting! and Im not sure that I will have the time to do this on a regular basis! Now that I have made the disclaimer, Welcome to my blog!!

Hi, Im Stephanie and  Im Struggling with Infertility!! Yes, you should read that as if you are at a meeting for Alcoholics Anonymous!! Long Story short, I wanted to start a diary or a journal where I could share my thoughts and feelings about Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and infertility with others, including friends and family. Everyone kept saying "well, then start a blog" and my reply has always been "nah, im not a blogger..." but I guess i've finally lost my mind and because I have decided to give this a try!! 


I wanted a place where I could share about the good, the bad, and the ugly when dealing with PCOS and all the things that so many of us keep to ourselves. Scared to share with the world. All the feelings I feel like I need keep locked inside. I know that the way I feel is all too common among the ladies I've met along the way. I also know that its often a secret. Something that we feel we can not share. That no one would understand!! Most wouldn't even try. I personally have not been public about my infertility for very long, but I already feel so much relief. Infertility shouldn't be swept under the rug or hidden away like its dirty laundry. Infertility is an disorder and should be dealt with similarly. And by sharing my story, I hope to meet some more amazing people and maybe I can share my courage as well. Maybe also give others some perspective and help them to be understanding of friends or family who are going through a similar struggle.

2 comments:

  1. I'll read about your struggle.. :-) I've been there and sufferered with infertility for three years before finally conceiving! It'll happen. Have faith. I wrote a private journal that only my husband and I had access too. Verbalizing your feelings help so so much! Good luck in your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I figure if nothing else, I have a place to put all my thoughts and information that I collect. Im so glad to hear that you were finally able to conceive. We're hoping 3 is our magic number too!!

    ReplyDelete